The Conformance Machining Engineeris tasked with both supporting current production and providing improvements as well as implementing NPI work. Being hands on and developing methods and processes is essential along with excellent problem-solving skills and an understanding of lean / sigma type techniques to support the continued quality improvements required. CAD/CAM skills are essential to being successful.
Scope and Responsibilities
Responsible for developing efficient solutions for production problems.
- Develop Machining Methods and Practices with stage drawings to support.
- Support in verifying customer bids and checking theoretical models.
- Generating CAM Programmes and Inspection Techniques to verify. (Delcam Powermill 5 axis milling is used extensively)
- First Article evaluations and reporting, including utilisation of IPI VISUAL FAIR Software.
- New Product Introduction evaluation to standards both customer and internal.
- Design of jigs and fixtures to support robust processes.
- Work within the supply chain to get best results for projects.
- Closed loop feedback of production data with the operations team to foster continuous improvement.
- Planning and prioritising of own workload ensuring customer satisfaction.
- Write and implement capex proposals to generate value from investment, recommending improvement projects.
- Participate in R&D projects as necessary to further business interests.
- Build PPAP portfolios for new parts ensuring process.
- Support SQDCP, MRB, ANDON and participate in completing Team Value Plan activities.
- Compliance to policy (PPE etc)
- Risk Assessments
- Safe systems of work
- Housekeeping 5S
- Compliance to standards (SOP/WES)
- AS9100 compliance
- Internal RFT
- Documentation conformance
- Robust Inspection Capability
- Understand customer specifications.
- Supporting NPI programmes on time.
- Supporting FAIR and concessions to Schedule.
- Reducing Inspection through applications of SPC and R & R.
- Responding to Customer and Operations Issues with pace and within set limits.
- Right First Time Initiatives.
- Control of Premium Time Allocation.
- Increase Capacity based on facility utilisation.
- Responsive and agile
- Creative and innovative
- Work cross functionally to achieve team goals.
- Strategic future projects
- Role model for the company’s Vision, Mission and Values
- Ambassador for Mettis Aerospace
KPI’s / PI’s in line with accountabilities as agreed at PDR.
Experience and Qualifications
- CAD/CAM Engineering experience / Conformance Engineering within a manufacturing Environment. (Delcam software experience a distinct advantage)
- HNC in Engineering discipline.
- Machining experience with various metals, machine configurations and multi axis work. (5axis milling experience a distinct advantage)
- CNC Process experience and /or Programming.
- Competence of systemic link to IPI Visual FAIR.
- Proven track record as a project leader of change within a results based portfolio
- Proven track record with a successful portfolio of achievements
- Contract: Full Time
- Term: Permanent
- Salary: Competitive Salary