Supporting the Environmental, Health & Safety Director in the day to day operational requirements to ensure compliance of Site Environmental Operating Permit for Chemical Processing and Surface Treatment.
Perform other related duties as directed that correspond to the overall function of this position.
Scope and Responsibilities
- Coordinate the implementation of best available techniques and controls from results of hazard analysis.
- Support and drive the implementation of an environmental management system i.e. ISO 14001:2015
- Measure and evaluate the effectiveness of the hazard control system, policies, and procedures and recommend changes that reflect improved opportunities to eliminate environmental accidents & incidents.
- Compile, analyse and report incident, loss data; prepare data for monthly reports
- Investigate and review environmental incidents and reports.
- Advise and recommend on essential environmental requirements during the purchase of equipment and supplies.
- Coordinate and undertake environmental inspections & audits and prepare suitable reports with appropriate recommendations.
- Assist in occupational health, safety and environmental inductions.
- At least 3 years of relevant progressive experience (post education) in environmental management in a manufacturing/engineering environment. – essential
- Experience of working on a site with environmental permits in place. – desirable
- Suitable experience of developing and presenting in house environmental training programs.
- Ability to undertake environmental audits/inspections – essential
- Previous experience in management of waste water / effluent treatment would be a distinct advantage
Skills and Qualifications
- A Degree (or equivalent) in Environmental Management
- Knowledge and understanding of UK environmental legislative framework and its application.
- Strong project management skills
- Good communication and organizational skills
- High energy level and strong interpersonal skills to work effectively with others
- Confident and articulate at all levels
- Excellent written and computer skills, including proficiency in Microsoft Word and Excel
- Demonstrable attention to detail and ability to work well in a fast changing environment
- Good time management, prioritising skills and the ability to manage varying workloads
- Self-motivated and driven to achieve targets
- To be flexible and responsive to business needs and solutions focused
A confident communicator, you will be able to provide advice and support to operational teams on environmental matters and develop and maintain local environmental management and sustainability plans.
Capable of building and maintaining relationships with both internal and external customers/stakeholders, you will have the ability to build rapport and hold conversations at all stages of projects, in order to highlight any potential environmental issues and what can be done to minimise these.
With a keen eye for detail, you will investigate and report all incidents to the EHS Director, ensuring the environmental management system is maintained in line with changing standards, legislation, client requirements. Be able to ensure site compliance with environmental legislation and coach teams in applying controls and mitigations.
- Strong knowledge of environment management
- Educated to degree level (or similar) in Environmental Management
- Practical experience and knowledge of environmental legislation, ecology mitigation, environmental licences and consent applications and regulators
- PIEMA or AIEMA Membership
- Commercial awareness
- Full UK driver’s licence and flexibility to travel
- Internal environmental auditor qualification
- Competent ecological surveyor for one protected species
- Compliance with EHS and legislative standards
- Compliance with PPE and all other safety policies and procedures
- Promotes safe working practices
- Participate in risk assessment and “near miss” risk mitigation activities
- Ensuring the service provided is of the highest standard
- Carrying out tasks right first time to the required standard
- Carrying out tasks in the appropriate timeframe
- Conclusion of tasks on time and to the required standard
- Proactively identifying cost saving measures ensuring no detriment to any services provided
- Professional standards of written and verbal communication between internal and external customers
- Works in compliance with all Mettis policies and procedures
- Ambassador for Mettis Aerospace
- Role model for the Company’s Vision, Mission and Value
- Health & safety awareness
- Planning and Project Management
- Problem solving
- Lean tool deployment
- Strategy deployment
- IT skills
- Management of Employee relations
- Performance Management
- Relationship management
- Communication at all levels
- Decision making & prioritising
- Change management
- Team building
KPI’s / Performance Indicators in line with accountabilities as agreed at the Performance & Development Review Process.
- Profitable and secure future investment
- Centres of competence
- Leaders who set industry standardsMission
- Deliver customer recognised value
- Obsessed with eliminating waste
- Enable the operation to perform
- Challenge the status quo with pace, passion and rigourValues / Principles
- We are credible professionals who set the standards
- We are leaders not followers, bold and courageous
- We are innovative, creative, agile and responsive
- We engage, inspire, involve and respect
- We have pride, passion and belief
- Team work – together everyone achieves more. One bleeds we all bleed.
- Contract: Full Time
- Term: Permanent
- Salary: Competitive Salary