Accountable for product design integrity and processing methods for current and future products. A working team leader is required to participate in taking the team to the next level, having the vision for progressing efficiency and consolidating practices is required. Also becoming fully competent in driving the team in day to day activities prioritising and troubleshooting issues as they arise but being able to plan effectively engaging with key stakeholders throughout the business.
Scope and Responsibilities
Accountable for a small team of Design Engineers.
- Forge Design
- Die Design
- Tooling / Fixtures
- Configuration Management
- Process Reporting / Methods
- Model Simulation
- Supporting all engineering activities predominately NPI and continuous improvement activities in product and process design standards.
- Establishing methods and developing design processes with standards to support.
- Produce designs to ensure compliance to Mettis and customer specifications and standards.
- Work with the change management frameworks to improve processes.
- Work to continuously improve the internal tooling and production processes, working in cross functional teams.
- Performance manage the team with SMART targets conducting team meetings and disseminating the wider business news and agendas.
- Participate in being the Technical interface with business development and supporting customers where and when appropriate.
- Promote the furthering of broadening roles and skills and participating fully in go-look-see activities process confirming the adopted approach.
- Compliant to standards in the working environment
- Compliant in product and process design i.e lifting / ergonomics
- Design RFT development.
- Complex problem resolution.
- Develop and deliver a yearly business plan for team.
- Designing processes to achieve capability, CPK1.33
- Designing for manufacture and assembly.
- Achieving plans on time to quality and cost on CAD/CAM, Drawing mods and simulations.
- Responsive and plan for ECR’s with defined limits
- Creative / innovative product / process improvements reducing work and adding customer recognised value.
- 10% productivity improvement in team efficiency.
- Supporting / enabling the reduction in the cost of non-value adding activity.
- PDR’s that enable.
- Succession planning securing the future.
- Developing, coaching and growing team competencies.
- Skill development using either internal or external resources.
- Participate with strategic future projects
- Interface with academia and R&D projects.
- Be a role model for the company’s Vision, Mission and Values
- Ambassador for Mettis Aerospace with behaviours to match.
General Leadership Competencies (GLC)
- Health & safety awareness
- Aerospace (and alternative sector) Quality requirements
- Production techniques
- Planning and Project Management
- Problem solving
- Lean tool deployment
- Properties of Materials
- Production Engineering
- Product Knowledge
- Management of Employee relations
- Performance Management to SMART objectives
- Process Confirmation (Go – Look – See)
- Visual management
- Communication to all levels
- Decision making & Prioritising
- Change management
- Team building
KPI’s / PI’s in line with accountabilities as agreed at PDR.
Experience and Qualifications
- Degree / HN qualification in Design, mechanical and production engineering or properties of materials (Preferred but not essential)
- Experience of forging / metal forming operations with proven competencies.
- Proven track record with a successful portfolio of achievements
- Profitable and secure future investment
- Centres of competence
- Leaders who set industry standards
- Deliver customer recognised value
- Obsessed with eliminating waste
- Enable the operation to perform
- Challenge the status quo with pace, passion and rigour
Vales / Principles
- We are credible professionals who set the standards
- We are leaders not followers, bold and courageous
- We are innovative, creative, agile and responsive
- We engage, inspire, involve and respect
- We have pride, passion and belief
- Team work – together everyone achieves more. One bleeds we all bleed.
- Contract: Full Time
- Term: Permanent
- Salary: Competitive Salary