As part of our Plant Engineering Team you will play a critical role in maintaining and improving our specialist assets. You will have the ability to work on your own whilst having the support of a team of Technicians to pull knowledge from. You will be experienced in providing the customer with excellent levels of customer service, prioritising your workload and adapting to changing situations. You will work with the customers to minimise down time, whilst still achieving production output. You will have a demonstrated track record of making improvements to plant and equipment, utilising KPI’s in your daily role to monitor and improve your performance.
Scope and Responsibilities
- To work within all safety policies and procedures.
- To ensure all plant and equipment is in a safe and acceptable condition.
- To identify and specify spare part requirements for machine repair and order using EFACS system
- Compliance with company quality instruction.
- Comply with company business processes.
- Use Shire management system to ensure all Maintenance documents are completed accurately and on time.
- Experience of working in a Maintenance Department and in manufacturing environment is essential.
- Good Interpersonal Skill to foster teamwork and achieve business objectives
- Clear, concise and appropriate communication style including written, verbal and electronic
- Able to work flexibly and meet deadlines including over hours / weekend working when required
- Must have knowledge of machine control systems and / or mechanical workings.
- Create own planned Maintenance work to list / report from Shire maintenance system
- Budget control
- Create, update and review technical drawings and engineering records
- Create, update and review planned maintenance and service schedules
- Project implementation
- Contractor control and risk assessments
- Liaise with production management and prioritise workload
- Deputise for Senior engineer when required including operational meetings
- Knowledge transfer including apprentice training
- Machine condition reporting / fault trend analysis including upgrade and capital investment ideas
- Shift handover to be completed in a clear and concise manner (prior to SOS if required)
- Engineering consultancy in improvement of planned maintenance checks and frequency in accordance with KPI (MTBF)
- To work in conjunction with production in order to minimise plant downtime.
- Professional representation of Plant engineering within all Mettis departments
- Be agile and responsive adapting to customer demands as priorities change in a professional manner
- Communication of changing priorities to the customer to ensure expectations are managed and production is impacted as little as possible
- Be willing to learn new skills and transfer knowledge within the team, acting as team player at all times
- To be flexible and adaptive to customer requirements supporting projects as required
- Be proactive in the maintenance and identification of improvements to kit. Implementing those improvements once agreed with the customers
- To work in compliance with company health and safety procedures
- To ensure quality of repair work or modification
- Ensure compliance of company timescale for regular service repairs
- To ensure safe working at all times
- Compliance with company quality instructions and procedures
- Multi-skilling, combining mechanical, electrical, hydraulic and control engineering. Ideally qualified to HNC standard or and equivalent work experience.
- Total maintenance care packages with practical problem solving to proactively continuously improve.
- Engineers to exhibit progressive behaviours/attitude/responsive/agile and learning. MTBFPM schedule adherenceAccidents / Incidents
- MTTR Data
- Plant availability
- PM schedule adherence
- Parts Costs
- Accidents / Incidents
Due to the nature of maintenance and unforeseen breakdowns this roles requires the incumbent to be available to attend major breakdowns as and when they occur, this includes evenings and Weekends
Additionally this role requires the incumbent to be contactable in the evenings and at Weekends.
- Contract: Full Time
- Term: Permanent
- Salary: Competitive Salary