Coronavirus (COVID-19) update – 26 March 2020
Mettis continues to operate within the guidelines and recommendations provided by the UK Government, Public Health England and the World Health Organisation. Paramount is the health, safety, wellbeing and welfare of our people.
We are monitoring the changing situation daily and are actively engaged with Government departments and agencies, our customers and suppliers.
Our company does not currently fall within scope of the Government shutdown programme. We service commercial aerospace and defence programmes which are important to the UK economy. We also manufacture medical devices and support the UK Government directly.
Many of our key customers have confirmed that business is continuing as normal and require us to keep delivering our products. Business as normal, however, does not mean work as normal. We are taking extensive steps to ensure:
- All our people are being stringent around hygiene and cleaning regimes.
- We are providing additional PPE where necessary.
- Employees with known medical conditions are shielded.
- Our people are flexing their working hours, shift patterns and rotations with other team members.
- Breaks and lunches are being staggered.
- Large meetings do not take place and are replaced by virtual conferences.
- Unless business critical, visitors and contractors are not permitted on our site and, those who are, will be screened prior to entry.
- Delivery drivers will be restricted to their cabs.
- Travel is being restricted and meetings, unless business critical, cancelled.
These are unprecedented times. We are all experiencing personal, professional and social situations we could never have imagined but we are rising to the challenge as a team.
We truly appreciate everything our talented people are doing to help us keep delivering.